Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Weekend at Cedar Blue

We are enjoying a nice weekend at our RV lot in Cedar Blue, Sulphur, OK.  It's Saturday morning and I'm sitting on our porch with my girls and my coffee enjoying the sun and listening to the birds.  My camera is ready for that great shot.  I have seen woodpeckers, cardinals and blue birds along with the usual doves. 

Last night we enjoyed visiting with some friends we hadn't seen in several weeks.  They brought their dog over so the girls had fun playing with her.  We ending the evening by going to sleep with the sound of a nice steady gentle rain.  What a sweet sound. 

We arrived yesterday about 10 am and worked on projects most of the day.  Our first project was to head down the road to Ardmore to pick up our waverunner.  We left it for the winter with a place that paints and repairs them.  Since we bought it used it was a bit banged up so we had them fix all the cracks and dings on the hull and paint the top front of it burgundy instead of the green it was.  We just hope there is water in the lakes this summer so we can have some fun with it.  Then we worked on screwing hurricane straps onto the roofing joints of our canopy that covers are RV, deck and boat.  That will probably take 2-3 weekends to complete.  There are a ton of joints to get to with these. I got the bird feeders all filled up and the knockout rose bushes are trimmed. 

There are always projects, especially after a long winter.  Today I think I will work on putting up a few more hurricane straps and killing all the weeds in the driveway area.  The pontoon boat needs a major scrubbing but I think I'll save that for another weekend.  Not sure there is much point in that task unless we will actually have a lake deep enough to launch it this year.

Well that's enough rambling for today.  I want to wish everybody a Happy Easter and encourage you to attend Easter service tomorrow to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord.  What a glorious day.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new post and really enjoyed reading it though I've been "through" it with you. Almost makes me want to do it. :)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete